Chloramine Water Filters
Does Your Water Have Chloramine or Chlorine?
Chloramine is present in City of Ottawa water, while chlorine can be found in the municipal water of Kemptville and parts of Carp. If you’re looking for the simplest, most cost effective way to filter chloramine or chlorine from the water in your home, we recommend Kinetico systems.
Our customers love Kinetico because they are so convenient and cost effective. Much cheaper than bottled water, these systems are installed right at the water supply point of entry for your home. You get filtered water throughout your entire plumbing system – ready for showering and hand washing as well as drinking!
Only Kinetico chloramine water filters are tested and certified by the Water Quality Association, and are one of the most effective systems on the market.
To find out if one of our systems will work for you, call us today!
Chloramine Reducing System (CRS)
While it’s not possible to 100% remove chloramine in real world conditions, it can be significantly reduced. Kinetico offers one of the most powerful chloramine reduction systems available in two sizes, CRS 1060 and CRS 1100. Both systems offer these advantages:
- One of the most effective chloramine removal systems money can buy. When used correctly, chloramine is reduced to less than 0.5 mg/L (independent laboratory testing certifies an average chloramine reduction of 99.3%, with a lowest reduction level of 98.6%). The system uses patented Kinetico Chloraban™ media to reduce the amount of chloramine in water. Chloraban™ is the only filtration material available that is certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 42 for point of entry reduction of chloramine.
- Easy to use. No timers or computers, just open the tap and enjoy your water. The system is powered by running water, not electricity, so it not only saves energy but adds convenience.
- No impact on your water bill. Water isn’t used up in the reduction process.
- Low maintenance. Just change the media, normally once a year.
- Outstanding warranty. Ten year warranty on the tank and parts. As the original owner, you can transfer the warranty to a new owner if you sell your home OR move the warranty to your new home in most cases. Conditions and exceptions apply – please ask for the full details.
- Independently tested and certified. The CRS 1060 and CRS 1100 systems have been Tested and Certified by the Water Quality Association (WQA) according to NSF/ANSI 42, Drinking Water Treatment Units-Aesthetic Effects for the reduction of chloramine (as monochloramine). They have also been Tested and Certified to NSF/ANSI 61, Drinking Water System Components-Health Effects, NSF/ANSI 372, Drinking Water System – Lead Content and the CSA Standard B483.1 – Drinking Water Treatment Systems.
- Long lasting tanks. The tanks and valves are both corrosion-resistant and can endure harsh environments.
- Flexible. Can be combined with other Kinetico products, like water softeners, to create the perfect system for your needs.
DS Plumbing are authorized Kinetico dealers, trained by the manufacturer to install your new system correctly.
Also Available: Kinetico Chlorine Water Filters
If you live in an area where water is chlorinated, the Kinetico Dechlorinator will remove chlorine from all the water in your home. It also helps water softening systems work more effectively.
Available in several sizes, tanks can be used singly or together to deal with any level of water use.
Friendly, Professional Service and Predictable Pricing
DS Plumbing believes in a friendly, hassle-free approach to customer service. We provide the total cost for our products and service in advance, so you know what to expect. There are no hard-sell tactics or pressure of any kind.
We also offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee: your new system will perform as promised or we will fix it for free.