Tankless Water Heater Installation
DS Plumbing can repair or install a tankless water heater for you in the Ottawa area.
Why switch to tankless? Tankless water heaters are right for you if:
- You have a large family and you frequently run out of hot water in the middle of showering.
- You travel a lot and don’t want to pay to heat water you’re not using.
- You plan to stay in your home for the foreseeable future, and will be able to enjoy reduced cost once the energy savings have paid for the installation cost.
- You want to reduce your monthly energy bills.
- You want to reduce your water bills.
- You would like to reclaim space in your basement utility area.
- You want to make your home more environmentally friendly (tankless water heaters emit about 75% less CO and NOx).
- You are able to provide the yearly maintenance that will keep the unit operating at peak efficiency.
Tankless water heaters require a natural gas line and proper gas venting, just like a conventional water tank. They also need an electrical outlet for some of the controls. If your water is hard, you may want to invest in a water softener to avoid calcium build up in the lines (which reduces efficiency and can shorten the life of the unit).
We Carry Navien Brand Tankless Water Heaters
We recommend Navien brand water heaters to our customers. In our experience they are the most trouble-free, as they’ve really been perfecting the design in the past few years. They range from 0.95 – 0.98% efficiency, which is currently the best there is. Navien also has some advanced features that avoid some of the irritating side effects of other tankless heaters like the “cold water sandwich” that results from the water that remains in your pipes before the new hot water is fed into your plumbing.
Energy Efficiency Rebate Eligible
Navien tankless water heaters are Energy Star certified and qualify for many energy efficiency rebates offered by the government of Ontario.