Careers at DS Plumbing
We’re an established residential plumbing company located in the west end of Ottawa. At more than ten years old and still growing strong, we’re looking for new team members.
Currently we’re looking for:
Why Sign On With Us
DS Plumbing is a great place to work, and as a result our people stick with us long term. We’re fun loving and we take pride in helping our customers. We’re also very active in the community and given back over $80,000 to local charities in support and donations in the last few years.
If you have a gift for getting along with people, pets and plumbing then you might be the next member of our team. You’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Our fun loving culture will make you excited to come to work. Our team is friendly and professional, and our office and workshop is a pet-friendly environment.
- You’ll be able to say you’re part of an award-winning team.
- Dress is casual at our home base (but field technicians will need to look sharp in the handsome DS Plumbing uniform).
- Medical and dental benefits.
We strictly enforce our alcohol and drug free policy: it’s a matter of safety for our team, our clients, and you.
To ensure our customers receive the best possible care by a dedicated and proactive team before, during and after a home visit.
We’re building a team that is positive and excited to work for DS Plumbing. They are reliable and accountable for the parts they play, while DS Plumbing supports and nurture the goals they want to achieve.
Our aim is to become most sought after residential service company in Canada, providing career opportunities to employees in a professional and fun work environment while keeping a commitment to helping animals in need.
Current Openings at DS Plumbing
Here are the positions we’re looking for right now.
1. Field Sales Representative & Water Specialist
DS Plumbing is a certified dealer of Kinetico home water systems. We are currently seeking an enthusiastic self-starter to take on a brand new full time position as Field Sales Representative and Water Specialist. The selected candidate for this role will be responsible for all sales of Kinetico home water systems for DS Plumbing.
This position is primarily commission based, but does include a weekly base salary as well as access to a company vehicle and an i-Pad.
The hours for this position are flexible, but some evenings and weekends may be required in order to meet the requirements of prospective clients. Occasional travel outside of the city may be required for sales training and related seminars.
We seek a candidate with the following qualifications:
- Proven sales experience and strong customer service skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to manage one’s own work day with little or no supervision.
- 2 year diploma Business Administration or related study (highly desired, but not mandatory).
- Strong verbal and written communication in English is mandatory; bilingualism in French or other languages is considered an asset.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Valid driver’s licence with clean drivers abstract.
As a Field Sales Representative & Water Specialist at DS Plumbing, you will enjoy:
- Uncapped earning potential.
- Benefits package after 3 months.
- Paid vacation and sick days.
- Paid sales and product training.
- National and local sales incentives.
- Company vehicle provided following successful completion of 3 month probationary period.
- Cell phone allowance and company iPad.
- Immediate access to lead generation within a Costco location.
- Leads generated internally and through Kinetico HQ and Costco.
- Networking allowance.
- Flexible schedule.
- Inside sales support from DS Plumbing.
- Sales and technical support from Kinetico HQ.
As a Field Sales Representative & Water Specialist at DS Plumbing, your responsibilities will be:
- Meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- Lead generation; this could include: approaching customers at our in-store Costco space, creating strategic partnerships, attending networking breakfasts, cold calling or seeking out referrals.
- Follow up and manage leads provided by DS Plumbing, Costco, Kinetico HQ.
- Visiting prospective clients in their homes to consult on water testing results and recommend water treatment solutions.
- Solve clients’ water issues with high quality Kinetico solutions.
- Demonstrate the features and benefits of Kinetico products to prospective clients.
- Attend regular DS Plumbing team meetings, as well as occasional sales training seminars hosted by Kinetico.
- Work with Growth Coordinator in creating strategic marketing campaigns to generate sales leads.
- Schedule and oversee Kinetico system installations.
2. Licensed Residential Plumber Who Loves Helping Customers
We’re a growing company, and we’re looking for more plumbers who combine technical expertise with a great personality. We are all easy going have a great sense of fun here, and we only want you if you love what you do.
Are You a Plumbing Hero?
If this sounds silly to you, then you’re probably not who we’re looking for. Great customer service is essential, so you need to have a clean-cut image and the ability to listen to customers and speak to them politely.
If you pass the 2 interviews and the peer review, your life at DS Plumbing will involve:
- Understanding and diagnosing our customer’s plumbing issues.
- Providing options/prices according to our flat-rate pricing guide.
- Listening to customer concerns and answering any questions they may have.
- Fixing customers’ plumbing issues correctly – the first time.
- Receiving payment from the customer.
- Smiling, not matter what kind of situation you’re in.
- Shift work, including evenings, weekends and holidays in rotation with other team members. Being on call is a part of a service business.
- Occasionally helping out with our charity efforts in off hours.
We have very high standards and expect top quality work from everyone on our team. Details matter.
- Appropriate education and licenses.
- The ability to keep pace with the changes in plumbing technology.
- A clean background that will pass a check.
- Being bilingual in French or other languages is a plus but NOT a requirement.
You will earn an hourly rate, and starting pay will be determined by your experience and testing. After your assessment period, we do offer bonuses for great work (but not commissions).
If you believe you’d enjoy working with us, we look forward to meeting you!
Apply Using Our Handy Form
3. Customer Care Representative/Dispatch
We’re looking for our next Client Care Representative (CCR). This person will answer phone and online inquiries, converse with customers, book service calls and do call-related data entry.
“People Person” Required
Do you have amazing customer service skills? Do you enjoy working in a fast past environment and have the ability to remain calm under pressure? Are you a self-starter who shows initiative? If so you should apply.
To be a real contender for this position, you must have the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1 year’s customer service experience.
- Exceptional communication and phone etiquette skills.
- A high school diploma.
- A clean background that will pass a check.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Quickbooks knowledge is an asset but not a requirement.
- French is also an asset but not required.
Pay will be determined by your experience and your ability to meet performance targets.
Working hours require flexibility as some evenings and weekends are required (or evenings and every other weekend). Not all plumbing emergencies happen 9 to 5, and we want to make sure we’re there for our customers.
Are you right for this job?